“Impact of Environmental Awareness Module among Under Graduate Students”
Conservation of environment and bio diversity is the need of the hour to protect our habitat. The current study was undertaken to engage the undergraduate students, in a participative workshop on environment Awareness- Bio Diversity module, to bring about positive perception on environment conservation.
A module on Environmental Awareness was prepared. Environment Awareness- Bio Diversity module of ten hours duration, spread across two days of activity and field visit based programmes in five areas- Bio diversity, Pollution, Water conservation, Food/ fuel requirement and conservation. The module was administered to two groups of undergraduate students. Pre and post module exposure awareness was tested through a self prepared questionnaire. The results reveal that the exposure to environmental awareness module had positive impact on the respondents.
Key Words: Environment awareness module; Graduate students; conservation
Full Text:Full text PDF
• Ballard, Heidi .L, and Belsky, Jill M. (2010). Participatory action research and environmental learning: implications for resilient forests and communities. Environmental Education Research, 16(5), 611 — 627. [Taylor & Francis Online]
• D’Amato, Galen, Lauro and Krasny, Marianne E (2011). Outdoor Adventure Education: Applying Transformative learning and Personal Growth in Environmental Education. The Journal of Environmental Education, 42(4), 237-254. [Taylor & Francis Online] DOI:10.1080/00958964.2011.581313.
• Hassan, A., Juahir, H. & Jamaludin N S (1999). The Level of Environmental Awareness Among Students to Fulfill the Aspiration of National Philosophy of Education. American Journal of Scientific Research. Issue 5, 50-58.
• Hines, Jody M., Hungerford, Harold, R and Tomera, Audrey N (2010). Analysis and Synthesis of Research on Responsible Environmental Behavior: A Meta Analysis. The Journal of Environmental Education, 18(2), 1-8.
• John, K K., (2010). Preparation and testing of learning modules in environmental science at higher secondary level. Ph.D thesis submitted to Mahatma Gandhi University http://hdl.handle.net/10603/1190
• Lali, S., (2010). Developing and testing integrated educational models using environment and community resources. Ph.D thesis submitted to Mahatma Gandhi University http://hdl.handle.net/10603/1190
• Mordock K and ME Krasny. (2001). Participatory Action Research: a theoretical and practical framework for environmental education. Journal of Environmental Education, 32(3):15-20. [Taylor & Francis Online]
• Murali Vallabhan, T. V., (2010). Green policies and sustainable development in Kerala since 1980. Ph.D thesis submitted to Mahatma Gandhi University http://hdl.handle.net/10603/1190
• Ramesh, N., (2010). Evolving an integrated environmental management plan for sustainable industrialization of Pondicherry region Ph.D thesis submitted to Pondicherry University http://hdl.handle.net/10603/1190
• Villar, A.M., (2008) Vocational training and the environment: sustainability and employment. European journal of vocational training – No 44 – 2008/2
• Trecker H. B., (1948). Social Group Work: Principles and practices, Women’s Press, Newyork.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Print Version ISSN 0975-3931
Online Version ISSN 2278-1277